The Intake Worker position involves working directly with food bank clients to complete intake and assessment processes. The intake worker plays an important role in helping to create a welcoming and respectful intake experience for food bank clients.
- Work directly with clients, completing intake and assessment
- Provide assistance and support while registering new clients
- Provide information and referrals to other food banks
- Maintain and manage confidential records for clients
- Update clients’ file as needed
The Receptionist at Seva Food Bank is the front line person, responsible for greeting all incoming clients and visitors.
- Greeting all incoming clients and visitors
- Taking ID’s and ensuring all clients have signed in
- Provide numbers to make sure clients are served in an orderly fashion
- Answering the phones, taking messages
- Answering general questions and provide information about the food bank
The Child Minder is responsible for providing a safe, warm, and caring environment, where children feel welcomed, in order for parents and guardians to have a peace of mind while receiving their food.
*CPR/First Aid training is an asset.
- To provide play activities for children to engage and have fun
- Ensuring the safety of children while their guardians are receiving food
- Encouraging positive behaviour of children
Volunteer chefs are responsible for cooking healthy meals, following Seva Food Bank’s recipe of the month. These meals will be served at the food bank to create a warm and inviting environment for all participants. Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed. We welcome chefs from any cooking level.
- Gather ingredients from Seva Food Bank’s warehouse
- Prepare meals on a weekly basis
- Transport meal to the food bank before the shift starts
- Create recipe cards each month
Volunteer teachers are responsible for providing homework assistance during the homework club program. They will help students ages 12-17, as well as set up light snacks.
- Providing homework assistance
- Assisting teens in developing skills and self-discipline
- Encouraging and providing support
- Problem solve, and deal with issues that may arise
As a Floor Manager you will be responsible for the Front House of the Food Bank
As a Personal Shopper you will escort 1 client family at a time to select their food.
Volunteers will be responsible to visit various pick up sites in order to receive food collected for our food banks. The company truck will be used. Volunteers must have a license and ability to drive a pick-up truck.